Yes we did 5 years of R&D – we found…
• Mechanical gears tend to fail after a few years … They need constant maintenance. Maintenance costs are higher on mechanical gears than internal pedal assist options, however our bikes are equipped to accept a 7 speed mechanical gearing system. If you find that you still want a 7 speed, your local bike shop can add that. However, once you ride our bikes and feel the power, you may not find that you need mechanical gears. 99.9% of our customers do not have them.
• Chain comes off easily
• Cable stretches … So we have an internally geared motor – with 5 levels, Plus Full Throttle
• We only use top of the line Tektro HD-E520 hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors. The power cut off wires, as well as all others use an easy plug and play wiring design for ease of maintenance or replacement.
• Easy plug and play wiring for ease of maintenance and replacement.
• Amongst a few smaller details but we give a 10 year UNLIMITED warranty and should last 20-30 years with no maintenance
While most ebikes require a Spring Maintenance before riding your electric bike the Electric Bike Company Cruisers are built for the most part maintenance free. The only requirement for your Electric Bike Company Cruiser is to make sure you fully charge your battery every two to three months.
We wish you lots of great spring adventures!!!